Get ready to take part in the most important event
in Shanghai on:
Immigration by Investment Wealth Protection and Succession Corporate Structuring
24th - 25th November 2021
China Offshore is the leading media company providing offshore finance news and information services to facilitate the needs of financial intermediaries and high net worth individuals in mainland China. China Offshore is among the most trusted resources for China’s business and investment leaders, providing them the uncompromising commentary, concise analysis, and relevant facts and figures on the offshore world as it pertains to China.
The exclusive offshore finance platform in China, China Offshore, was built from the ground up by media, news reporting, and offshore finance professionals here in China, using the international knowledge of offshore finance, and the on-the-ground expertise of Chinese media. China Offshore covers all essential channels for reaching financial intermediaries including periodicals, guides, conferences, and online media.
The offshore news professionals at China Offshore scour the world’s IFCs to bring our readership the most groundbreaking news, updates, facts and figures on the offshore world as it pertains to China. With our net-work of editors and contributing professionals from around the globe, the depth of coverage and quality of information is unparalleled.
China Offshore brings you an international perspective on the most relevant topics that are being discussed and will help you gain an informed viewpoint, as China prepares its ascent to become one of the world’s largest and most powerful economies.
Why you should attend the China Offshore Summit 2021
- There are more than 1,537 financial institutions in Shanghai, with nearly 30% set up by foreign companies. The city’s financial market records a transaction value of about US$ 216 trillion annually.
- Shanghai is home to China’s largest population of UHNWIs whose net worth exceeds USD 30 million.
- Over 1,000 multinational companies use Shanghai for their China headquarters and foreign R&D centers.
- The Port of Shanghai is the world’s best-connected port, ranking for the ninth consecutive year.
- Foreign direct investment to Shanghai reached US$ 5.63 billion in the first quarter of 2021, up 20.5% compared to the same period last year.
Sources: Xinhua, Wealth-X, UNCTAD, Dezan Shira & Associates, Shanghai Municipal Statistics Bureau
Who Should Sponsor & Attend
Senior Level Managers of the Following:
- Investment Promotion Agencies
- International and Offshore Law Firms
- Trust & Fiduciary Service Providers
- Wealth Management Professionals
- Corporate Service Providers
- Tax and Accounting Professionals
- Private and Offshore Banks
- Other Offshore Professionals
About the China Offshore Summit Series
Since the inception of the China Offshore Summit series in 2010, China’s HNWI, investment groups and corporations have developed an ever-increasing need for sophisticated international wealth, immigration tax and asset planning services. This demand, coupled with increasing pressure from local and international taxation authorities for transparency has created a massive gap in traditional offshore planning by local practitioners.
The China Offshore Summit has been designed exclusively by China Offshore & local practitioners to educate Chinese financial intermediaries on the effective use of tax planning and asset management tools available in low-tax jurisdictions.
With an average of over 500 attendees per event, the China Offshore Summit Series will provide a premium platform for information exchange, business development and much-needed education for Chinese intermediaries in this burgeoning market, with a full day of focus on wealth management, a full day on corporate structuring, and China Offshore Shanghai will incorporate an optional additional day focused on immigration by investment.
- Citizenship & residence planning as a tax planning tool
- Real estate market trends for UHNWI
- Second residency/citizenship for asset protection and preservation
- Tax transparency and regulatory considerations in HNW migration
- Citizenship vs. permanent residence by investment, programs and comparison
- Inheritance strategies and estate planning for family wealth
- Cross-border asset allocation and preservation
- Family trust challenges for UHNWI
- International tax planning and tax transparency updates
After a decade of China Offshore establishing itself as China’s preeminent platform for offshore finance news, events and business development, 2018 saw the arrival of the inaugural China Offshore Awards.
The China Offshore Awards will be a celebration of all those jurisdictions, service providers, organizations and individuals in the industry who have done the most to support and develop offshore financial services and the benefits they bring to the China market. Nominees for the awards are made by a panel of leading industry experts from a diverse range of disciplines offering unparalleled expertise, making nomination worthy of recognition.
Our eventual winners in the award categories are decided by this independent panel, with input from more than 70,000 registered users of China Offshore’s multiple channels.
In addition, a portion of all proceeds will be donated to our charitable partner, Shanghai Sunrise, a non-profit organization breaking the cycle of poverty by raising funds for educational scholarships for underprivileged and at-risk young people in Shanghai.
- IFC of the Year
- Captive Insurance Jurisdiction of the Year
- Foreign Law Firm of the Year*
- Foreign Corporate Service Provider of the Year*
- Foreign Immigration Service Provider of the Year*
- Foreign Fiduciary Service Provider of the Year*
- CBI/RBI Developer of the year
- Domestic Corporate Service Provider of the Year
- Domestic Private Client Law Firm of the Year
- Domestic Corporate Law Firm of the Year
- Domestic Family Office of the Year
- Domestic Immigration Agent of the Year
- Fintech Innovation of the Year
*Categories divided by size (large, midsize, and boutique)
Chief Executive Officer
Samoa International Finance Authority